Welcome !!!

Dear Friends this is a platform for the contemporary Indian Writers ( residents and Non-residents). We are working hard to compile all the latest data. meanwhile we have removed all the posts for getting a makeover..We would seek your contribution... please bear with us for the inconvenience caused

About Me

My photo
A platform for Aspiring and Established contemporary Indian Authors( both English and Hindi)to interact with the world... And a reader's paradise...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Author Interview - Sudeep Nagarkar


1. First of all, tell us something about yourself... (Family, Background, Education, Location, etc.)

I am 23 years old, an Electronics Engineer by profession from Mumbai University. I live in Mumbai since childhood and can't think of leaving this city in future too. My dad is an engineer while Mom is working in a Government office. I am basically fond of Indian music and love watching offbeat movies. 

2. When and how did you start writing?

I am a writer by chance and not by choice. It was my close friend, who inspired me to pen down my own story. I learnt many things in my journey of writing. It was 2 years back that I seriously started writing and using Microsoft word :D


3. What inspired you to write a book?

My love. It is said that first novel is always a personal experience. Same is the case with me. Due to genuine reasons we are not together and I want this book to reach her through readers. It also inspired me to portray what true love is and its importance in our busy life.

4. Tell us something about your book(s)

"Few things left unsaid" is based on my personal experiences during my college days and engineering life. This book holds a special place in my life not because it's my baby, but it has all the memories of my relationship and my feelings for my love. It is journey of two hearts who beat for each other and due to some reasons they separate. My novel reveals the painful side of true love along with the exciting one. It tells us reality of relationships after honeymoon period is over. I have tried to give a message that true love remains forever in your heart.

5. How do you feel after getting published?

It feels great. I never thought of writing a book, getting it published and reaching flipkart's bestseller column indeed makes it special. I still believe and tell my readers too that popularity has not brought any change in my day to day life. I still hang out with my friends and still wait for my love.

6. Do you have a specific writing style?

I am no one to comment on this. I think my readers can tell that better. Still, if I have to answer this question, I will say yes. I love to end the chapters in a special way and love to add feelings in it.

7. How did you come up with the title, tagline, cover design etc?

I wanted a simple title which can connect easily with the readers and it did so. Srishti Publications helped a lot in coming up with the title and tagline. Coverpage and title both actually are created in a way which goes according to the theme of the story.

8. Which part of your book was the most difficult to pen down?

Tough to answer this question. If I look back, then I think to pen down the incident where Riya leaves Aditya (Protagonist) was the most difficult part. I actually cried while writing it as I recollected the hard times that I faced few years back when it happened in my life. Writing those incidents were extremely tough and emotional part of the book. I wanted to quit but my friends supported me.

9. Any other challenge that you faced while you wrote?

The main motive was to reach my love. I constantly kept thinking whether she will read it or not. That was a challenge and only motivation for me. I hope someday she reads it.

10. Does the story relates to you or somebody you know?

As the blurb says, It is my true story. The book is dedicated to my love Riya and I want this book to be in hands of everyone so that it can reach Riya's hands some day. True love can create miracles.

11. Which are your favorite books and writers?

There are many. In Indian authors, it's Ravinder Singh and Durjoy. I am addicted to Shidney sheldon books. Even twilight series. But PS I love you is close to my heart.

12. Which writer do you think influenced you the most?

Ravinder Singh and Durjoy datta.

13. Do you see writing as a fulltime career?

Too early to say, I am just 1 book old. :D

14. Learning/experience while writing your book that you would like to share...

When I started writing, I was in depression and writing a book helped me a lot. When I was almost half way through, I deleted the file from my laptop and tore the printed pages too due to frustration and depression. I was dicey whether I will get back my love or not. For whom I am doing these things? But as I said, my friends supported me and kept my motivation alive, and the result is in front of everyone. Within 5 months more than 60,000 copies have been sold all over.

15. Your advice for aspiring and emerging writers?

Be yourself and think out of the box. Patience and hard work should go hand in hand. Best of luck for all the emerging writers.

16. Any message for your readers.

They are the one whom I love the most. They understand me and my feelings, still I want to appeal to everyone that do order "Few things left unsaid" from flipkart, or from any bookstores and spread the love. I hope this book reaches my love and that will be  success for me. There is need to make our youth understand that true love exists and one night stands and bitching has not taken over it. Many novels spread wrong messages. 

17. Your  forthcoming book(s)

My second book will be coming in first half of 2012. Tentative month is May. Hope my readers and fans of FTLU will love my second work too. 

18. You can be reached at...?

Facebook or mail me at sudeepnagarkar@gmail.com. You can even connect with the fan page of my novel. 

3 comments: