Welcome !!!

Dear Friends this is a platform for the contemporary Indian Writers ( residents and Non-residents). We are working hard to compile all the latest data. meanwhile we have removed all the posts for getting a makeover..We would seek your contribution... please bear with us for the inconvenience caused

About Me

My photo
A platform for Aspiring and Established contemporary Indian Authors( both English and Hindi)to interact with the world... And a reader's paradise...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Candid Quest with Arpita Ghosh Sarkar- A walk down the Lane!!!


1. First of all, tell us something about yourself... (Family, Background, Education, Location, etc.)
Well I am a homemaker, a mother of a four years old, MBA, from Jabalpur M.P.  I did my schooling from Christ Church Girls’. Worked with Citigroup, HSBC and have traveled to various places in central India.

2. When and how did you start writing?
It just happened... a story struck my mind and I put the same in words...

3. What inspired you to write a book?
Someone around me...

4. Tell us something about your book(s) A walk down the Lane- it’s a matured love story... a story that all young adults can relate to, it is written in a very simple language and Shuvika, the central character can be the girl next door...

5. How do you feel after getting published?
It feels great... I never thought I could pen down around 32000 words so... I m happy.

6. Do you have a specific writing style?
That’s a big question.... yes I have a simple writing style...

7. How did you come up with the title, tagline, cover design etc?
Title was on my mind right from the start... tagline was suggested by my publishers... and I did the cover design myself...

8. Which part of your book was the most difficult to pen down?
When Shuvika leaves the resort... I was not sure about the end at all

9. Any other challenge that you faced while you wrote?
Yes... at times I was carried away emotionally... I did not know how to go about the proceedings... because things were emotional.

10. Does the story relates to you or somebody you know?
Yes... it’s a close friend...

11. Which are your favorite books and writers?
There’s a long list... classics like Gone with the wind, the Notebook are some of them... and amongst writers I am a Shivani fan... in Hindi... and for English I prefer contemporary writers...

12. Which writer do you think influenced you the most?
No one in particular...

13. Do you see writing as a fulltime career?
I am not very sure of that... but for me it is a full time dedication...

14. Learning/experience while writing your book that you would like to share...
Yes... I got to learn a lot... the person... first person narration is easier...

15. Your advice for aspiring and emerging writers?
Just write... whatever you feel the world should know...

16. Any message for your readers.
Communicate... that’s the best way to express yourself...
17. Your  forthcoming book(s)
I am working on two... and they are both love stories...


18. You can be reached at...?

No comments:

Post a Comment