Welcome !!!

Dear Friends this is a platform for the contemporary Indian Writers ( residents and Non-residents). We are working hard to compile all the latest data. meanwhile we have removed all the posts for getting a makeover..We would seek your contribution... please bear with us for the inconvenience caused

About Me

My photo
A platform for Aspiring and Established contemporary Indian Authors( both English and Hindi)to interact with the world... And a reader's paradise...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Small Town Girl just made it Big...


Dream on... and make them come true...That is what people say... but how many of the small town lot actually realize their dreams into realities...?

Not everyone can make it to KBC and become a millionaire, it takes hard-work and determination, only a handful get the opportunity to narrate how challenging their lives have been... but that doesn’t mean the rest enjoyed the bed of roses...

I came across a recently released book on one of the online bookstores and bought the book... A Walk Down The Lane... I contacted the Author when I read the Book... it was simply fantastic... A love story that everyone can relate to...

I put them exactly in her words...

“I belong to Jabalpur, a small town in MP, I am not anyone from the IIM’s or the IIT’s, but an arts graduate from Raipur University , I was fortunate enough to be a part of Multi Nationals like Citigroup and HSBC, Life was not a cake-walk, but I had dreams... and amongst all the odds, I made them come true... at least I tried... a never give up attitude requires a lot of courage and self determination...the desire to prove one’s worth is what really matters... no matter who you are, or where you belong to... Where there’s a will there’s always a way...

‘Is this a fairytale...?’ one of my friends asked, when she read my book.”

‘A walk down the Lane...’ published by Srishti, is Arpita’s  debut fiction, and an inspiration for the small town people, who believe in their dreams... and make them come true...

Just look around and see there are budding celebs around. Mail Arpita @ arpitaghoshsarkar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment